Feta, yogurt and aubergine rolls
- August 2011
- For 4 people
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 10 minutes to cook
For a quick vegetarian recipe, wrap charred slices of aubergine in feta and yogurt marinade to make these rolls.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 13.6g fat (6.3g saturated)
- 4.5g carbs (3.2g sugars)
- 2 aubergines
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 10 semi-dried tomatoes, halved
- Cut the aubergines lengthways into 5mm thick slices. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat, brush the slices with a little oil and griddle until they begin to char.
- Meanwhile combine the garlic, yogurt, feta and oregano in a bowl. Stir well, season and set aside.
- To serve, spread a heaped teaspoon of the feta and yogurt mixture onto each aubergine slice, adding a basil leaf and half a tomato. Roll the slices up, secure with cocktail sticks and serve as a starter or with lamb steaks for a main.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Aubergine salad with shallots and pomegranate molasses
A smoky barbecue side dish recipe by chef Ben Tish, with peppery watercress, sweet shallots...