Feta, yogurt and aubergine rolls
- August 2011
- For 4 people
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 10 minutes to cook
For a quick vegetarian recipe, wrap charred slices of aubergine in feta and yogurt marinade to make these rolls.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 13.6g fat (6.3g saturated)
- 4.5g carbs (3.2g sugars)
- 2 aubergines
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 10 semi-dried tomatoes, halved
- Cut the aubergines lengthways into 5mm thick slices. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat, brush the slices with a little oil and griddle until they begin to char.
- Meanwhile combine the garlic, yogurt, feta and oregano in a bowl. Stir well, season and set aside.
- To serve, spread a heaped teaspoon of the feta and yogurt mixture onto each aubergine slice, adding a basil leaf and half a tomato. Roll the slices up, secure with cocktail sticks and serve as a starter or with lamb steaks for a main.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Aubergine salad with shallots and pomegranate molasses
A smoky barbecue side dish recipe by chef Ben Tish, with peppery watercress, sweet shallots...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...