Fig and goat’s cheese pissaladière with rocket
- January 2012
- For 2 people
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
This fig and goat’s cheese pissaladière makes the perfect vegetarian shortcut supper.
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Caramelised Onion Chutney, or similar
- 100g dried figs, finely diced
- 4-5 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 1 pack of Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Aegean Tomato and Mature Cheddar Focaccia, or similar
- 125g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Handful of fresh rocket leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, then add the sliced onions. Turn the heat down to low and cook the onions gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the onion chutney, figs, half the thyme leaves and a pinch of salt, then cook for 5 minutes more.
- Spread each focaccia square with the onion mix and pop in the oven for 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from the oven, then scatter over the goat’s cheese and the remaining thyme. Serve topped with a few rocket leaves.
Let the caramelised onion and fig mix cool, then serve as an accompaniment to cheese and biscuits.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Italian starter recipes
Parma ham, fig and mozzarella salad with warm pitta
Eat like an Italian with this easy recipe for Parma ham, fig and mozzarella salad.