Fig and goat’s cheese pissaladière with rocket
- January 2012
- For 2 people
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
This fig and goat’s cheese pissaladière makes the perfect vegetarian shortcut supper.
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Caramelised Onion Chutney, or similar
- 100g dried figs, finely diced
- 4-5 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 1 pack of Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Aegean Tomato and Mature Cheddar Focaccia, or similar
- 125g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Handful of fresh rocket leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, then add the sliced onions. Turn the heat down to low and cook the onions gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the onion chutney, figs, half the thyme leaves and a pinch of salt, then cook for 5 minutes more.
- Spread each focaccia square with the onion mix and pop in the oven for 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from the oven, then scatter over the goat’s cheese and the remaining thyme. Serve topped with a few rocket leaves.
Let the caramelised onion and fig mix cool, then serve as an accompaniment to cheese and biscuits.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Truffle honey-roasted fig and pancetta crostini with gorgonzola
A canapé recipe of crunchy crostini’s topped with figs roasted in truffle honey, pancetta and...