Duck with fig, pine nut and mint couscous
- November 2006
- Serves 3
- Ready in 20 minutes
Fruity couscous is a perfect match to this duck recipe.
- 2 large duck breasts
- 225g couscous
- Good handful chopped dried ready-to-eat figs
- 40g pine nuts, toasted
- Good handful chopped fresh mint
- 150g pot natural yogurt
- Put a frying pan over a high heat. Score the skin of the duck breasts and season all over. Add to the hot pan, skin-side down. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 15 minutes, turning halfway and discarding the fat in the pan, until golden but still a little pink in the middle. Set the duck aside for 5 minutes, then slice diagonally.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a bowl with the figs. Season well. Pour over 275ml boiling water, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff the grains with a fork and stir through the pine nuts and a most of the mint.
- Divide the couscous between plates and top with the duck slices. Stir the remaining mint into a 150g pot natural yogurt and serve with the duck.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Italian starter recipes
Parma ham, fig and mozzarella salad with warm pitta
Eat like an Italian with this easy recipe for Parma ham, fig and mozzarella salad.
Giant couscous with courgette, fig and goat’s cheese
A quick, easy to make veggie recipe made with giant couscous, courgettes, fresh mint, figs...