Duck with fig, pine nut and mint couscous
- November 2006
- Serves 3
- Ready in 20 minutes
Fruity couscous is a perfect match to this duck recipe.
- 2 large duck breasts
- 225g couscous
- Good handful chopped dried ready-to-eat figs
- 40g pine nuts, toasted
- Good handful chopped fresh mint
- 150g pot natural yogurt
- Put a frying pan over a high heat. Score the skin of the duck breasts and season all over. Add to the hot pan, skin-side down. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 15 minutes, turning halfway and discarding the fat in the pan, until golden but still a little pink in the middle. Set the duck aside for 5 minutes, then slice diagonally.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a bowl with the figs. Season well. Pour over 275ml boiling water, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff the grains with a fork and stir through the pine nuts and a most of the mint.
- Divide the couscous between plates and top with the duck slices. Stir the remaining mint into a 150g pot natural yogurt and serve with the duck.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Truffle honey-roasted fig and pancetta crostini with gorgonzola
A canapé recipe of crunchy crostini’s topped with figs roasted in truffle honey, pancetta and...