Fresh ravioli with squash and goat’s cheese
- May 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 min to make, 15 min to cook
The classic combination of butternut squash, sage and goat’s cheese makes this ravioli recipe a true delight to eat. And it’s ready in less than half an hour.
- 50g butter
- 350g peeled butternut squash wedges, cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Small handful fresh sage leaves, chopped
- Grated zest of ½ lemon, plus a squeeze of juice
- 250g fresh spinach and ricotta ravioli
- 50g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Large handful wild rocket
- Melt half the butter in a large sauté pan, add the chopped butternut squash, season well, then fry over a medium heat for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown all over. Add the garlic, sage and lemon zest and fry for 1 minute. Add the rest of the butter and the lemon juice and gently fry over a low heat for 1 minute until melted.
- Meanwhile, cook the ravioli in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions and drain well. Drizzle with a little olive oil, then add to the pan with the butternut squash, and carefully stir to coat with the sauce.
- Tip into serving bowls and scatter with crumbled goat’s cheese and rocket leaves before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dinner ideas for two
Crab and avocado tostadas with jalapeño salsa verde
Give crab the Mexican treatment with this quick and easy tostada recipe.