Honey mustard-glazed pork chops with mash
- May 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 20 min
Sweet, sticky pork chops, buttery mash and a quick gravy – what’s not to love about this weeknight dinner for two people?
- 23.2g (6.7g saturated)
- 68.3g (14.6g sugars)
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 British free-range bone-in pork chops
- 600g maris piper potatoes
- 10g unsalted butter
- 200ml fresh chicken stock
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Mix the honey, wholegrain mustard, crushed garlic and olive oil in a bowl. Put the pork chops in a roasting tin and coat in half the honey mixture. Roast for 20 minutes, basting halfway through with the juices.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes into even chunks, then cook in a large pot of salted water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain and mash with butter, a splash of milk and plenty of salt and pepper.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put the remaining marinade into a small saucepan over a medium-high heat with fresh chicken stock and white wine vinegar. Bubble for 5-10 minutes until reduced by a third. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve the chops with the mash and gravy.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cider-baked pork with apple and fennel
An autumnal recipe of pork cutlets with roasted apple and fennel – perfect for a...
Paprika pork with chickpeas
A spicy paprika pork and chickpea recipe made with plum tomatoes, red pepper and courgette.