Honey mustard-glazed pork chops with mash
- May 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 20 min
Sweet, sticky pork chops, buttery mash and a quick gravy – what’s not to love about this weeknight dinner for two people?
- 23.2g (6.7g saturated)
- 68.3g (14.6g sugars)
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 British free-range bone-in pork chops
- 600g maris piper potatoes
- 10g unsalted butter
- 200ml fresh chicken stock
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Mix the honey, wholegrain mustard, crushed garlic and olive oil in a bowl. Put the pork chops in a roasting tin and coat in half the honey mixture. Roast for 20 minutes, basting halfway through with the juices.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes into even chunks, then cook in a large pot of salted water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain and mash with butter, a splash of milk and plenty of salt and pepper.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put the remaining marinade into a small saucepan over a medium-high heat with fresh chicken stock and white wine vinegar. Bubble for 5-10 minutes until reduced by a third. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve the chops with the mash and gravy.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick and easy pork recipes
Easy pork tenderloin with roasted feta, rosemary, sage and olive oil potatoes
Pork tenderloin is cooked nestled among crispy potatoes, feta and herbs in this easy midweek...