Giant chocolate cookies
- November 2008
- Makes 12 cookies
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 10-13 minutes to cook
A recipe from the delicious. archive; we’re not quite sure why these giant chocolate cookies are dangling from a stick but we are very sure that the actual cookies taste very good.
For something similar (but not on a stick) try our giant chocolate and toffee cookie.
- 18.1g (9.9g saturated)
- 32.8g (17.8g sugar)
- 175g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 150g golden caster sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 large orange
- 2 large free-range egg yolks
- 50g ground almonds
- 50g plain chocolate, chopped
- 50g white chocolate, chopped
- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp milk, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric whisk until creamy.
- Stir in the orange zest, egg yolks, almonds, plain and white chocolate and flour. Mix well, then shape into 12 equal-sized balls.
- Place on a non-stick baking tray, spaced well apart, then flatten each ball. Brush with milk and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, then using a chopstick or the handle of a wooden spoon, make a hole in the centre of each. Return to the oven for 5-8 minutes, until set and golden.
- Leave to firm up for 5 minutes then put on a wire rack and cool completely. Pack into a box or wrap in foil to take to a party.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter