Grana Padano and hazelnut cantuccini
- September 2007
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 minutes to make and about 30 minutes to bake
These crunchy Italian biscotti are sweet and nutty but with a savoury edge from a touch of grated parmesan. Perfect for transitioning from savoury to sweet treats at afternoon tea.
Or, serve these apricot and pistachio cantuccini after dinner with coffee.
- 100g plain flour
- 75g golden caster sugar
- ¼tsp baking powder
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 25g Grana Padano, grated
- 25g shelled pistachio nuts
- 50g whole unblanched hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6. Put the flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and stir in the egg, vanilla, rosemary, Grana Padano cheese and nuts to make a soft dough.
- Shape into a long oval and bake on a baking sheet for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Using a serrated knife, cut it diagonally into 1cm thick slices. Arrange on the baking sheet, cut side up, and return to the oven for 5-8 minutes, until crisp and golden. Cool, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Two Italian biscotti
These biscotti make a great Christmas gift, and are delicious served with a sweet dessert...