Ginger roast cod with sesame-dressed salad
- August 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
Put the wow factor into your cooking with this yummy recipe for ginger roast cod with sesame-dressed salad.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 6.5g (0.9g saturated)
- 10.7g (9.1g sugars)
- 4 x 150g thick, skinless, line-caught cod or haddock fillets
- Oil, for greasing
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- Juice of 1 large lime
For the salad
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 1 each red and yellow peppers, deseeded and finely sliced
- 100g mangetout, finely shredded
- 75g beansprouts
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
For the dressing
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Place the cod in a large oiled roasting tin. Combine the ginger, chilli and spring onions and scatter over the cod. Pour over some of the lime juice (save the rest for the dressing). Season and roast for 10-15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix all the salad dressing ingredients together in a large bowl, with the reserved lime juice. Add the salad ingredients and toss together.
- Divide the salad between 4 plates and top each with a cod fillet to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick fish stew
This 5:2 recipe is flavoursome and nutritious. Keep leftovers in the fridge, covered for 2-3...