Ginger, chilli and lime steamed cod with stir-fried red cabbage and coriander rice
- December 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 10-12 minutes
This Asian-inspired cod recipe is perfect for a quick and easy midweek dinner. The best part? After cooking, there will be minimal washing up.
Love the zing of fresh citrus? Here’s more sweet and savoury recipes with lime.
- 6.7g (3.3g saturated)
- 34.7g (4.5g sugars)
- 4 x 150g pieces line-caught cod loin
- 50g fresh ginger, thinly sliced (no need to peel)
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- Finely grated zest and juice 2 limes, plus lime wedges
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or sunflower oil)
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- ½ red cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 x 250g packets cooked brown rice (we like Tilda)
- Large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
You’ll also need…
- 4 x 30cm circles of non-stick baking paper
- Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5. Slice each fish loin in half and put 2 pieces in the centre of each piece of baking paper. Add a few slices of ginger and chilli, a splash of lime juice and a lime wedge, then bring the baking paper edges together to make parcels. Seal by either stapling the edges or twisting, folding and pleating them. Put on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes until the fish flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan. Add the rest of the ginger and chilli, the garlic and red cabbage. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes to soften. Add the soy sauce, the cooked rice and the rest of the lime juice and zest, then stir-fry for 5 minutes until hot through. Add a splash of water if it sticks. Stir in the coriander, season and serve with the fish.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter