Griddled chicken with barley couscous
- August 2008
- Serves 4
- 15 min hands-on time, 15 min cook time
A quick, light and healthy chicken recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 80g barley couscous
- 100ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice and
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Chopped parsley to season
- Green beans and lemon wedges, to serve
- Using a rolling pin, bash the chicken breasts flat between sheets of cling film. Brush the chicken with olive oil and cook in a griddle pan for 3-4 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- In a bowl, mix the couscous with the vegetable stock, cover and leave for 4 minutes. Stir in the olive oil and microwave on High for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and toasted pine nuts, some chopped parsley and season.
- Serve with blanched green beans and the chicken, sliced into 3, with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review