Griddled vegetable and halloumi burger with chilli yoghurt
- August 2015
- 2 courgettes
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g halloumi
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 bread rolls
- 60g Greek yogurt
- 1½ tbsp sweet or hot chilli sauce
- Handful rocket
- Heat a griddle pan to high. Cut the courgettes and aubergine into thin strips. Cut the onion into 8 wedges and the halloumi into 8 slices.
- Brush the aubergines with oil on both sides, season with salt and pepper, then griddle for 2-3 minutes on both sides until tender and striped (don’t crowd the griddle pan – cook in batches if necessary). Remove and keep warm. Repeat with the courgettes. Toss the onion with the vinegar and griddle as above, then grill the halloumi for 10-20 seconds on each side. Halve the rolls and toast lightly, cut-side down, on the griddle pan for 20 seconds.
- Meanwhile mix the yogurt and chilli sauce in a bowl.
- To make each burger put the courgettes, aubergine, halloumi and onions on the base, then top with the chilli yogurt and rocket. Add the roll tops and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...