- 2 x 200g thick pieces salmon fillet with skin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g wild rocket
- 50g watercress
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 15g pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat the grill to high. Brush the salmon on both sides with 1 teaspoon oil and lightly season the flesh side with black pepper. Put skin-side up on a lightly oiled baking tray.
- Mix the rocket leaves and watercress together, then divide between 2 bowls. Peel, halve and stone the avocado. Cut into thin slices and add to the bowls of salad.
- Grill the salmon for 8 minutes, or until just cooked through but still a little pink in the centre. Carefully peel off and discard the skin from each fillet and place on top of the salads.
- Whisk the remaining oil and balsamic vinegar, then drizzle over the salmon and salads. Scatter over the pine nuts and serve with some steamed new potatoes, if you like.
- Oily fish is rich in omega-3 fats, and avocado and pine nuts are a source of monounsaturated fats, both of which are good for the heart. This meal is low in salt too.