Grilled salmon with rocket, avocado and pine nut salad
- February 2006
- 2 x 200g thick pieces salmon fillet with skin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g wild rocket
- 50g watercress
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 15g pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat the grill to high. Brush the salmon on both sides with 1 teaspoon oil and lightly season the flesh side with black pepper. Put skin-side up on a lightly oiled baking tray.
- Mix the rocket leaves and watercress together, then divide between 2 bowls. Peel, halve and stone the avocado. Cut into thin slices and add to the bowls of salad.
- Grill the salmon for 8 minutes, or until just cooked through but still a little pink in the centre. Carefully peel off and discard the skin from each fillet and place on top of the salads.
- Whisk the remaining oil and balsamic vinegar, then drizzle over the salmon and salads. Scatter over the pine nuts and serve with some steamed new potatoes, if you like.
Oily fish is rich in omega-3 fats, and avocado and pine nuts are a source of monounsaturated fats, both of which are good for the heart. This meal is low in salt too.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter