Warm cajun-style pork salad
- June 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
This fresh salad recipe uses leftover roast pork for a perfect summer midweek supper that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
Or, if you want to cook the pork from scratch, try our cajun-style pork with coconut rice.
- 30.3g (6.5g saturated)
- 23.3g (3.1g sugars)
- 50g blanched hazelnuts
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 little gem lettuces
- 1 cucumber
- Handful radishes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 250g leftover roast pork (fattier cuts such as pork belly or shoulder work best)
- 1 tbsp cajun spice mix
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/ fan160°C/gas 4. Put the hazelnuts in a baking tray in the oven and the tortillas on the shelf below them. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the nuts are golden and the tortillas are completely crisp.
- Meanwhile, chop all the veg into bite-size pieces (halve the cucumber lengthways and scoop out the seeds before chopping). Toss the vegetables together in a mixing bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan. Shred the pork, then fry it with the spice mix, stirring, until piping hot.
- Mix the remaining oil with the vinegar in a small bowl. Roughly chop the hazelnuts and crumble the tortillas, then toss through the salad with the pork and dressing. Garnish with coriander, if you like.
Next time replace the tortillas with toasted pitta breads or oven-baked croutons, and try other crunchy salad veg.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick and easy pork recipes
Quick and easy Cajun-style pork with coconut rice and beans
A fast, simple cajun pork recipe, served with coconut rice and beans – it’s sure...
Cajun-style chicken meatballs
This recipe for cajun-style chicken meatballs is a delicious twist on a classic, and is...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...