Salmon with crunchy, quick-pickled fennel salad
- September 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, plus 10 min marinating
This fresh and healthy salmon and fennel recipe that takes 20 minutes from start to finish.
- 28.5g (5g saturated)
- 1g (0.9g sugars)
- 0.9g salt
- 4 sustainable salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp lightly crushed fennel seeds
- 1 large fennel bulb
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 100g rocket
- Small bunch of fresh dill
- Small bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Put the salmon fillets in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle with the lemon zest and fennel seeds. Turn the fillets to coat in the marinade, then leave for 10 minutes. Finely slice the fennel bulb into a bowl (a mandoline is good for this), then add the lemon juice and a large pinch of sea salt. Toss to combine, then leave to pickle.
- After 10 minutes, heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the salmon for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- To serve, toss the lightly pickled fennel with the rocket, dill and parsley, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Serve with the salmon and lemon wedges, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...