Honey and cumin roast carrots
- April 2017
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 5 min, oven time 30 min
Honey-glazed carrots are a classic Sunday roast side dish, we’ve added cumin and za’tar to add a warm, spiced flavour.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 3.7g (0.3g saturated)
- 9g (8.2g sugars)
- 1kg carrots, cut into even chunks
- Glug vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Few fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 2 tbsp za’atar spice mix (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°fan/gas 4. Put the carrots in a roasting tin and toss with the oil, cumin, mustard and maple syrup. Cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and roast for 10-15 minutes to glaze and colour. Serve scattered with the thyme leaves and za’atar spice mix, if using.
Make to the end of step 1 up to 24 hours ahead. Reheat in the oven as in step 2.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Heather honey-roast carrots
These sweet carrots are lightly scented with heather. A side recipe fit for Burns night...
Healthy salad recipes
Roast carrot, beetroot and marjoram salad with fennel seed and yogurt dressing
Gently roasting carrots intensifies their sweet flavour. Tossed with fresh herbs and tangy dressing, they’re...