Honey and cumin roast carrots
- April 2017
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 5 min, oven time 30 min
Honey-glazed carrots are a classic Sunday roast side dish, we’ve added cumin and za’tar to add a warm, spiced flavour.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 3.7g (0.3g saturated)
- 9g (8.2g sugars)
- 1kg carrots, cut into even chunks
- Glug vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Few fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 2 tbsp za’atar spice mix (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°fan/gas 4. Put the carrots in a roasting tin and toss with the oil, cumin, mustard and maple syrup. Cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and roast for 10-15 minutes to glaze and colour. Serve scattered with the thyme leaves and za’atar spice mix, if using.
Make to the end of step 1 up to 24 hours ahead. Reheat in the oven as in step 2.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Carrots and parsnips with maple and orange glaze
Sweet glazed carrots and parsnips are a notable accompaniment to a Christmas lunch. These vegetables...