Indian spiced vegetable frittata
- March 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Curry spices and eggs have a natural affinity, giving this frittata a little more oomph. Adding mango chutney into the mix provides another layer of flavour and makes this midweek meal hard to beat.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 15.4g (3.8g saturated)
- 13.5g (10.5g sugars)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1½ tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 150g savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 8 medium free-range eggs
- 100ml milk
- Juice 1 lime
- Bunch fresh coriander, chopped, plus extra to garnish
You’ll also need…
- 20cm deep ovenproof frying pan
- Heat a glug of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the garlic and curry powder and fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the mango chutney.
- When the mixture is jammy, add the cabbage with a splash of water (the cabbage will fill the pan) and turn up the heat. Stir-fry until the cabbage wilts and fits the pan more easily (4-5 minutes).
- In a large jug, beat the eggs with the milk, lime and coriander. Season, then pour the mixture evenly over the cabbage, filling in any gaps. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. The egg should be set at the bottom but remain quite runny and liquid on top. Heat the grill to medium.
- Put the pan under the grill for 3-4 minutes until the egg sets and is golden. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t overcook. Serve with extra coriander scattered over the top.
Rate & review