Courgette, feta and mint frittata
- September 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
This refreshing vegetarian frittata recipe uses feta and mint, which gives it a lovely Mediterranean flavour.
- 22.2g (6.4g saturated),
- 2.9g (2g sugars)
- 2 medium courgettes
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 small onion
- Olive oil for shallow frying
- 8 medium free-range eggs
- Good pinch cayenne pepper
- 60g feta
- Fresh chilli (optional) to serve
- Grate the courgettes into a bowl. Reserve a few mint leaves, then roughly chop and add the rest to the courgettes. Season well. Finely chop the onion, then stir in well.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little olive oil and add the courgette, mint and onion mixture. Fry for 5 minutes until softened.
- Heat the grill to high. Beat the eggs in a bowl with the cayenne pepper and a little seasoning. Crumble the feta, then stir about two-thirds into the eggs. Pour into the pan, letting the egg flow evenly through the courgette mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the egg begins to just set on the base, then put under the hot grill and cook until just cooked through and golden.
- Scatter the remaining feta over the frittata with the reserved mint leaves and the sliced fresh red chilli, if you like. Take the pan to the table and cut into 4 to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Frittata with cheese and herbs
Just five ingredients (plus a knob of butter) stand in between you and this easy...