Courgette, feta and mint frittata
- September 2014
- 2 medium courgettes
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 small onion
- Olive oil for shallow frying
- 8 medium free-range eggs
- Good pinch cayenne pepper
- 60g feta
- Fresh chilli (optional) to serve
- Grate the courgettes into a bowl. Reserve a few mint leaves, then roughly chop and add the rest to the courgettes. Season well. Finely chop the onion, then stir in well.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little olive oil and add the courgette, mint and onion mixture. Fry for 5 minutes until softened.
- Heat the grill to high. Beat the eggs in a bowl with the cayenne pepper and a little seasoning. Crumble the feta, then stir about two-thirds into the eggs. Pour into the pan, letting the egg flow evenly through the courgette mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the egg begins to just set on the base, then put under the hot grill and cook until just cooked through and golden.
- Scatter the remaining feta over the frittata with the reserved mint leaves and the sliced fresh red chilli, if you like. Take the pan to the table and cut into 4 to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Frittata with cheese and herbs
Just five ingredients (plus a knob of butter) stand in between you and this easy...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...