Italian lamb noisettes
- May 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min; oven-time 20 min; plus marinating
Italian lamb noisettes makes the perfect dish to entertain with and is a real crowd pleaser.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 43.9g (13.7g saturated)
- 3.7g (2.2g sugars)
- 1 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 crushed and 1 finely sliced
- ½ tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 lamb noisettes
- 4 Parma ham slices
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g baby spinach, washed
- Good grating of fresh nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. In a shallow dish, mix together the capers, crushed garlic, rosemary, half the lemon zest and half the olive oil. Add the lamb noisettes and toss to coat in the marinade. Season well and set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Fold each slice of Parma ham lengthways, then wrap around the edge of each of the noisettes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in an ovenproof frying pan and brown the Parma ham edges of the noisettes, then seal each side of the lamb briefly. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until cooked but still pink in the middle. Set aside to rest.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large pan and gently fry the sliced garlic for 30 seconds, then add the spinach and cook until wilted. Add the remaining zest, season with the nutmeg, salt and black pepper and serve with the lamb.
When lamb loin is boned, the ‘eye’ meat can be thickly sliced into noisettes, similar to a pork escalope. Full of flavour, noisettes are the leanest lamb cut (when trimmed of fat).
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Lamb cutlets with tumbet
This Spanish lamb recipe is taken from Nieves Barragan Mohacho’s new cookbook Sabor. It may...
Lamb fillet with cucumber and kalonji pickle salad and naan bread
This simple lamb fillet recipe is kept light with a refreshing salad of mint and...