Lamb fillet with cucumber and kalonji pickle salad and naan bread
- December 2013
- 1 large cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, very thinly sliced
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp kalonji seeds (also called nigella seeds)
- 75g pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 400g lamb fillet
- 2 tandoori naan breads
- Add the sliced sliced the cucumber and shallots to a bowl, squeeze over the lemon, then toss through the kalonji seeds. Cover and leave for 30 minutes, then stir through the pomegranate seeds and mint.
- Slice the lamb fillet into strips, drizzle with olive oil and season well. Heat a griddle until smoking, then fry the lamb for 3 minutes, turning, until golden all over.
- Lightly toast the naan breads, then slice each into strips. Serve the lamb with the cucumber salad and toasted naan strips.
This dish is also great with a dollop of Greek yogurt and some mango chutney.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...