Lamb skewers with spiced beetroot slaw
- June 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
This tender lamb kebab recipe is complimented beautifully by earthy beetroot slaw, made with yogurt and plenty of fresh herbs.
- 21.6g (8.4g saturated)
- 9.1g (9.1g sugars)
- 600g British lamb leg or rump (at room temperature), cut into cubes
- 4 medium beetroot, peeled and grated
- 300g yogurt
- Small bunch each of fresh basil, flatleaf parsley and coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Coriander leaves to serve
- Drizzle the lamb with olive oil and season. Set aside.
- Put the beetroot in a large bowl with the yogurt, herbs, cumin and coriander. Season well and stir to combine, then set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Thread the lamb cubes onto 4 skewers. When the pan is smoking hot, cook the lamb skewers for 1-2 minutes on all 4 sides for medium-rare (or until done to your liking). Remove from the pan and rest for a couple of minutes. Serve the skewers with the beetroot slaw and coriander leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Favourite chicken recipes
Chicken tikka masala skewers with yogurt cucumber salad
Leave these to marinate before work and dinner’s ready in half the time!