Lamb steaks with fruity spiced couscous
- February 2007
- 175g couscous
- 100g dried ready-to-eat apricots, chopped,
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- Handful chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 lamb rump steaks
- 150g natural yogurt
- Put the couscous and apricots into a large bowl. Stir the harissa paste into 225ml boiling water, pour over the couscous and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff up the grains with a fork, stir in two thirds of the mint leaves and season well.
- Meanwhile, season the lamb steaks and fry in a hot, dry pan for 2-3 minutes each side, for pink, longer if you prefer them more well-cooked. Set aside for 5 minutes, then thickly slice.
- Stir the remaining mint leaves into the natural yogurt and season.
- Divide the couscous, lamb and mint yogurt between plates. Serve with lemon wedges, if you like.
Rate & review