Leek and pea dumpling curry
- March 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, simmering time 15-20 min
This vegetarian curry served with a dollop of natural yogurt and a sprinkle of coriander is cheap to make and is a perfect way to feed a crowd.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 11.1g (2.3g saturated)
- 46.2g (12.6g sugars)
- Vegetable oil for frying 1 large leek, finely sliced
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp curry paste (we used Patak’s Korma paste)
- 450g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 250g natural yogurt, plus extra to serve
- 100g kale, roughly chopped
- Small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 90g gram flour (chickpea flour)
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Lime wedges to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the leek for 6-7 minutes until softened and gently browned. Stir in the peas and cook for another minute. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan with a lid, heat 1 tbsp oil over a medium heat and cook the onions for 5 minutes to soften slightly. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the potatoes, 100g of the yogurt and 600ml cold water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Stir in the kale.
- Meanwhile, mix most of the chopped coriander into the leek and pea mixture along with the gram flour, remaining yogurt and the bicarbonate of soda. Use 2 spoons to shape the mixture into 8 dumplings and space out evenly on top of the curry in the pan, cover with the lid and cook for 15-20 minutes until the dumplings are risen and soft. Serve with the remaining chopped coriander, a dollop of yogurt and lime wedges for squeezing over.
Use whatever curry paste you have to hand or try a Thai or Jamaican paste instead.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Grilled mackerel, grapefruit and pesto freekeh salad
The combination of crispy grilled mackerel, sharp grapefruit and the nutty flavour of freekeh, all...
Boiled egg recipes
Purple sprouting broccoli with soft-boiled egg and crisp rosemary breadcrumbs
The addition of rosemary breadcrumbs and a perfectly soft-boiled egg transforms this simple dish from...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...