Mango and lime sorbet
- February 2017
- Serves 8-10
- Hands-on time 20 min, plus freezing
For a an easy, light dinner party dessert try this zesty lime and mango sorbet. It’s the perfect sweet ending to a heavy meal.
- 0.2g (0.1g saturated)
- 42.2g (41.9g sugars)
- trace salt
- Zest and juice (about 80ml)
- 3-4 limes
- 300g caster sugar
- 4 large ripe mangoes (about 950g), skin and stones removed, flesh roughly chopped
- 1 medium free-range egg white
- Gently heat the lime zest, juice and sugar in a heavy-based pan with 150g water until the sugar dissolves. Turn up the heat, bring to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Whizz the mango in a blender until smooth. Add the sugar syrup and whizz until combined. Leave to cool, then pour into a sealable container and freeze until solid. Remove from the freezer, leave until soft enough to spoon into a food processor, then add the egg white and whizz until smooth. Return to the container and freeze until ready to use. Take out of the freezer 5 minutes before serving.
NOTE Contains raw egg white.
The sorbet will keep in the freezer, covered, for 2 months.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cod with garlic sweet potato mash and lemon spinach
A quick and healthy fish recipe made with just six ingredients and ready in 25...