Marinated rack of lamb with herbs and lemon
- March 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 30 minutes to cook, plus overnight marinating
This classic rack of lamb recipe is made with herbs, garlic, chilli, lemon – an impressive dinner for two people.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 6-bone rack of lamb, French trimmed
- 20g bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley
- 30g fresh mint leaves
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig, leaves finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded
- 50ml lemon juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g Greek yogurt
- Cut the lamb rack into 2 portions of 3 cutlets each. Place in a shallow dish.
- Place the herbs, garlic, chilli, lemon juice, honey and oil in a food processor, season and blitz until smooth. Pour over the lamb, cover with cling film and marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Heat a heavy-based frying pan until hot. Shake the excess marinade from the lamb, then sear the cutlets on all sides until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked but still a little pink in the middle.
- Heat the remaining marinade in a small pan until boiling. Cool, then stir in the yogurt.
- Serve the lamb with the sauce and a salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Harissa lamb with bulgur, aubergine and tomato salad
A quick, impressive-looking lamb dish with North African flavours.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...