Masala ‘recovery’ scrambled eggs
- February 2019
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min
Once you’ve made this spicy egg recipe, you’ll want to make it again and again. Spicy foods are the best thing to cure a hangover, making this the perfect breakfast for the morning after the night before.
Not a fan of spice? Try our scrambled eggs with avocado.
- 16.1g (5.8g saturated)
- 6.4g (4.6g sugars)
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- Knob of butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small bird’s eye chilli, finely chopped (leave the seeds in if you like it really spicy)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Splash double cream (optional)
- About 10g fresh coriander, leaves and stems chopped
- Well-buttered toast to serve
- Beat the eggs together in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. When it begins to bubble, add the onion, garlic and chilli and cook for 3-4 minutes until just softened
but not coloured.
- Add the cumin, turmeric and curry powder and cook for 3-4 minutes more. Add the beaten eggs and reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring all the time, until the eggs are scrambled and cooked to your liking. If using the cream, add at the end of cooking and stir in. Finally, stir in the chopped coriander and serve with plenty of buttery toast and a large mug of tea.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...