Quick brunch frittata
- March 2006
- Serves 2
- Ready in 25 minutes
Make this super-quick and easy vegetarian frittata, made with mushrooms, tomatoes and cheddar cheese, for a last-minute brunch.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 25g butter, plus a little extra
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 eggs
- 75g mature (vegetarian) cheddar, coarsely grated
- Good handful fresh parsley
- Preheat the grill to high. Melt the butter in a medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chestnut mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly, until just softened. Tip into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon water. Stir in the Cheddar, parsley and the mushrooms and tomatoes. Season and mix together.
- Melt the extra butter in the frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add the egg mixture, stir briefly, then cook for 6-8 minutes, or until golden underneath and nearly set.
- Pop under the hot grill for 3-4 minutes, until just set and turning golden on top. Slide onto a board, cut in half and serve with a dressed green salad.
Rate & review