- 300g new potatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 streaky bacon rashers, chopped
- 8 chipolatas
- Bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 8 large free-range eggs
- Handful grated Cheddar
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes, then drain. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the potatoes for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Turn up the heat, fry the bacon for 5 minutes, until crisp, and add to the potatoes. Fry the sausages in the bacon fat over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
- Return the potatoes and bacon to the pan with the spring onions and cherry tomatoes. In a jug, lightly whisk the eggs with lots of seasoning and pour into the pan. Cook the frittata over a low heat for 6-7 minutes until almost set, then sprinkle with the cheese and pop under the grill for 5 minutes to set and brown the top. Serve with toast and relish.
- Mix this up with other favourite breakfast ingredients, such as mushrooms or black pudding. It’s also great for a picnic, eaten cold.