One-pan English breakfast frittata
- August 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make and 25-30 mins to cook
Sausages, bacon, eggs and more go into this hearty English breakfast frittata recipe. It tastes brilliant and, even better, it’s all cooked in one frying pan.
Want to make a traditional breakfast? Here are our top tips for the perfect cooked breakfast.
- 41.5g (12.8g saturated)
- 18g (4.5g sugar)
- 300g new potatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 streaky bacon rashers, chopped
- 8 chipolatas
- Bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 8 large free-range eggs
- Handful grated Cheddar
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes, then drain. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the potatoes for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Turn up the heat, fry the bacon for 5 minutes, until crisp, and add to the potatoes. Fry the sausages in the bacon fat over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
- Return the potatoes and bacon to the pan with the spring onions and cherry tomatoes. In a jug, lightly whisk the eggs with lots of seasoning and pour into the pan. Cook the frittata over a low heat for 6-7 minutes until almost set, then sprinkle with the cheese and pop under the grill for 5 minutes to set and brown the top. Serve with toast and relish.
Mix this up with other favourite breakfast ingredients, such as mushrooms or black pudding. It’s also great for a picnic, eaten cold.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Frittata with cheese and herbs
Just five ingredients (plus a knob of butter) stand in between you and this easy...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...