One-pot pancetta stew with butter beans and chorizo
- April 2013
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 200g cubed pancetta
- 100g chopped cured chorizo
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 200ml chicken stock (we like Knorr)
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a pan, add a finely chopped red onion and cook gently for 10 minutes until soft, then remove from the pan.
- Fry the cubed pancetta with the chorizo until crisp. Return the onion to the pan, stir in the chipotle paste, chopped tomatoes, white wine vinegar, chicken stock, thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Season well, then simmer for 30-40 minutes until the pancetta is soft.
- Stir in 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained and rinsed, and cook for 5 minutes. Scatter with chopped fresh coriander, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pancetta and thyme pangrattato
Pangratto is a crunchy breadcrumb topping. Flavoured with fresh thyme and pancetta, it makes a...