Quick warm butter bean salad with chorizo
- April 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on 30 min
Butter beans are cooked in the juices of sherry-glazed chorizo, then tossed with salad leaves and a scattering of manchego cheese – now that’s our kind of salad.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 28.3g (11.1g saturated)
- 19.4g (4.1g sugars)
- 4 banana shallots, finely sliced
- 4 celery sticks, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 200g cooking chorizo
- 30ml medium-dry sherry (or red wine)
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 200g mixed salad leaves
- 60g manchego cheese
- Lemon wedges
- In a medium pan, fry the shallots and celery in the olive oil over a medium heat until softened and translucent (about 8-10 minutes), then add the garlic and fry for another minute. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Slice the chorizo into 2cm rounds and fry for 7-8 minutes, then pour in the sherry or wine and cook for 4-5 minutes until the chorizo is coated in a sticky glaze. Return the shallots, garlic and celery to the pan with the butter beans to warm through, then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parsley.
- Arrange the warm mixture on a bed of mixed salad leaves, top with shavings of manchego, then serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over the leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked mushrooms with polenta and cheese sauce
A fabulously simple vegetarian dish that, at less than £1.50 a head, is cheap as...