One-pot sausages with beans
- December 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This simple one-pot recipe combines sausages with healthy cannellini beans for a midweek meal that’s ready in a flash.
- 8 good-quality pork and herb sausages, cut into chunky pieces
- 350g jar smoky bacon pasta sauce (we like Loyd Grossman)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 410g can cannellini beans, drained
- Handful chopped fresh curly parsley
- Heat a large, wide frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add the sausages and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until evenly browned.
- Reduce the heat slightly and add the pasta sauce. Half-fill the jar with water, rinse out into the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cannellini beans and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season to taste and stir through the parsley. Serve with hot buttery jacket potatoes.
Rate & review