Pasta salad with halloumi, chard and beetroot
- August 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
A pasta salad recipe with a difference, we’ve added fried halloumi, beetroot, chard and dill for a full-of-flavour lunch. It will keep well in the fridge for 1-2 days so it’s a great take-to-work lunch.
- 24.1g (10g saturated)
- 76.9g (8.6g sugars)
- 350g orecchiette or other small pasta shape
- 200g swiss chard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300g cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- Small bunch fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 200g halloumi, cut into 5mm slices
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted in a dry pan
- Cook the orecchiette according to the pack instructions. Drain and run under cold water until cool, then put in a large bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, separate the chard leaves and stalks. Finely chop the stalks and set aside. Roughly chop half the leaves and finely chop the rest. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the chard stalks and fry for 5-6 minutes until soft. Stir in the roughly chopped chard leaves and cook for another 2-3 minutes until just wilted.
- Put the finely chopped chard leaves in a pestle and mortar and pound with a pinch of salt, then drizzle in the remaining
2 tbsp olive oil and combine to a paste.
- Toss the cooked chard leaves and stalks, chard paste, beetroot wedges, dill and lemon zest and juice with the pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste,then transfer to a serving platter or bowl.
- In a clean pan, fry the halloumi slices for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. Arrange over the salad, then sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and serve.
Swap the halloumi cheese for prawns or, if you’re vegan, swap the cheese for a ready-cooked grain pouch.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...