Leftover chicken quesadillas
- June 2015
- 75g cooked chicken or pancetta or a mix of both (or same weight in veg)
- 75g grated mature cheddar and edam
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno chilli, finely chopped
- Large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 flour tortillas
- Combine the meat and/or veg with the cheese spring onions, chilli and coriander. Season well.
- Heat a glug of oil in a large frying pan. Put one tortilla in the pan and top with the filling, leaving a narrow border around the edge. Put another flour tortilla on top, then press down gently. Cook over a medium heat, pressing down on the quesadilla, for 3 minutes or until the underside is deep golden. Carefully flip the quesadilla over with a fish slice and cook on the other side in the same way until the underside is toasted and the cheese is melted. Serve cut into wedges.
Use whatever you have in the fridge as a filling – just make up around 75g cooked meat and/or veg and the same amount of cheese. Add herbs or chillies to taste, if you have them.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter