Chicken, butter bean, spinach and pea one-pot
- July 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Create this quick and healthy pot wonder with mostly store cupboard ingredients. It crams in plenty of goodness and only takes 30 minutes to make!
- 22.2g (9.4g saturated)
- 28.2g (15.1g sugars)
- Glug olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 360g skinless, boneless free-range chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 250g frozen spinach
- 100ml crème fraîche
- 400g tin butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g frozen peas
- Bunch fresh basil
- Heat a glug of oil in a large casserole over a medium heat. When hot, add the onions and chicken and fry for 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen spinach, simmer for 10 minutes more, then stir in the crème fraîche, butter beans and peas. Simmer for a further 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Season to taste, then stir in the basil to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter