Quick bacon, pea and spinach lentils
- January 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, simmering time 25 min
The hearty combination of salty bacon and earthy lentils make this quick midweek dinner recipe very filling.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 18.7g(5.8g saturated)
- 39.6g(7.9g sugars)
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 180g British free-range smoked bacon, diced
- 250g dried puy lentils
- 500ml chicken stock
- 150g frozen spinach
- 200g frozen peas
- Small bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Dollop crème fraîche
- Heat a glug of oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the bacon. Cook for 5 minutes more, then add the lentils.
- Pour in the stock and 150ml water, then season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 25 minutes until the lentils are tender. Add the spinach to the pan after 15 minutes, then stir in the peas and parsley after 5 more minutes. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and season to taste. Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spiced bacon and lentils
Try our spiced bacon and lentils for dinner one evening. The addition of lovely, salty...