Quick beef steak chilli con carne
- September 2005
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 20 mins
Adding beef steaks to this quick chilli con carne recipe gives a luxurious twist on the classic – for when you are pushed for time but don’t want to compromise on flavour.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 large beef frying steaks
- 215g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ripe, roughly diced tomatoes
- Handful chopped fresh coriander
- In a medium bowl, mix together vegetable oil, paprika and ground cumin. Slice steaks, add to the bowl, season and mix together. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the marinated beef and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until browned. Stir in kidney beans, tomatoes and a splash of water. Simmer for 5 minutes, until the tomatoes are softened. Stir in some coriander, divide between plates and top each with a coriander sprig.
- Serve with boiled basmati rice and a spoonful of guacamole.
Rate & review