Quick beef steak chilli con carne
- September 2005
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 20 mins
Adding beef steaks to this quick chilli con carne recipe gives a luxurious twist on the classic – for when you are pushed for time but don’t want to compromise on flavour.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 large beef frying steaks
- 215g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ripe, roughly diced tomatoes
- Handful chopped fresh coriander
- In a medium bowl, mix together vegetable oil, paprika and ground cumin. Slice steaks, add to the bowl, season and mix together. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the marinated beef and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until browned. Stir in kidney beans, tomatoes and a splash of water. Simmer for 5 minutes, until the tomatoes are softened. Stir in some coriander, divide between plates and top each with a coriander sprig.
- Serve with boiled basmati rice and a spoonful of guacamole.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...