Quick chilli with rice
- October 2007
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
This quick cheat’s chilli recipe will be on the table in 20 minutes. The secret? A carton of soup!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 leeks
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 600g carton beef and vegetable soup
- 400g can red kidney beans
- Handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley (optional)
- Long-grain rice and dollops of soured cream, to serve (optional).
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add 1-2 leeks, chopped and rinsed, and cook for about 5 minutes or until just soft.
- Mix in a large pinch of dried chilli flakes, then add a 600g carton beef and vegetable soup and continue to cook until just simmering.
- Drain and rinse a 400g can red kidney beans. Roughly mash a third of the beans with a fork. Add them to the pan with the whole beans and heat for about 5 minutes or until thickened and simmering.
- Garnish with a handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley (optional) and serve with hot long-grain rice and dollops of soured cream.
Rate & review