Quick creamy pork with spinach
- September 2005
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 good-quality pork loin chops
- 1 small, sliced onion
- 80g pack Boursin Au Poivre cheese
- 150ml hot chicken stock
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- Handful of baby spinach
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan. Season chops, add to the pan and sear on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes to soften. Crumble in pack of cheese, add chicken stock and stir until combined. Add the chops and simmer for 8 minutes, turning over in the sauce halfway, or until cooked through.
- Transfer the chops to 2 plates. Stir the lemon zest into the sauce, then simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Spoon over the chops and serve with boiled new potatoes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter