Quick and easy Cajun-style pork with coconut rice and beans
- July 2012
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 mins to make, 15 mins to cook
A fast, simple cajun pork recipe, served with coconut rice and beans – it’s sure to become favourite.
- 250g British outdoor-reared pork fillet
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning (we like Bart, from Tesco and Waitrose)
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 100g basmati rice
- 160ml tin coconut milk
- ½ x 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Handful of fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Pat the pork fillet dry using kitchen paper. Sprinkle the Cajun spice on a large plate with a pinch of salt and pepper, then roll the pork in the spice until completely covered.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick, ovenproof frying pan over a high heat. When really hot, sear the pork on all sides for 5 minutes until golden brown, then transfer to the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions, then drain (if necessary) and stir through the coconut milk and rinsed beans, along with most of the spring onions and chopped coriander.
- Cut the pork into thick slices, then serve with the rice and beans, garnished with the remaining spring onions and coriander.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dinner inspiration in 20 minutes
Pork medallions with chilli, lemon and chive crème fraîche
This quick and simple pork medallion recipe with chilli lemon and chive crème fraîche is...
Pork medallions with Verdi butter
A sophisticated pork recipe with green butter, made with parsely, capers, garlic and anchovies.
Quick and easy pork recipes
Easy pork tenderloin with roasted feta, rosemary, sage and olive oil potatoes
Pork tenderloin is cooked nestled among crispy potatoes, feta and herbs in this easy midweek...