Quick goat’s cheese and broccoli pasta
- January 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min
A quick and easy pasta recipe that’s made with crumbly goat’s cheese, broccoli, pine nuts and a little chilli kick that’s on the table in only 15 minutes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 300g penne
- 250g tenderstem broccoli
- 3 bsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 150g soft goat’s cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Cook the in a large pan of salted boiling water for 8-9 minutes, until al dente. Meanwhile, toss the tenderstem broccoli in 1 tbsp olive oil and some seasoning.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot and add the broccoli and griddle for 6 minutes, until charred, then add a splash of water and cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and fry the garlic and chilli for 1 minute.
- Add the dried breadcrumbs and fry for a further 3 minutes, until golden and crisp. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 tbsp cooking water, and toss both with the broccoli and chilli breadcrumbs.
- Add the goat’s cheese and 2 tbsp pine nuts. Drizzle over a little olive oil to serve.
You can vary the greens in this dish – use griddled courgettes or curly kale.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Apple, shallot, bacon and goat’s cheese tarte tatin
The sweet and savoury combination of apples, shallots, bacon and goat’s cheese makes this sticky...
Recipes to celebrate spring
Sherry-braised fennel with pretzel crumbs and goat’s cheese
Tender fennel, which has been braised in sherry, is topped with crisp pretzel crumbs and...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...