Quick goat’s cheese and broccoli pasta
- January 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min
A quick and easy pasta recipe that’s made with crumbly goat’s cheese, broccoli, pine nuts and a little chilli kick that’s on the table in only 15 minutes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 300g penne
- 250g tenderstem broccoli
- 3 bsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 150g soft goat’s cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Cook the in a large pan of salted boiling water for 8-9 minutes, until al dente. Meanwhile, toss the tenderstem broccoli in 1 tbsp olive oil and some seasoning.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot and add the broccoli and griddle for 6 minutes, until charred, then add a splash of water and cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and fry the garlic and chilli for 1 minute.
- Add the dried breadcrumbs and fry for a further 3 minutes, until golden and crisp. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 tbsp cooking water, and toss both with the broccoli and chilli breadcrumbs.
- Add the goat’s cheese and 2 tbsp pine nuts. Drizzle over a little olive oil to serve.
You can vary the greens in this dish – use griddled courgettes or curly kale.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Goat's cheese recipes
Courgette, goat’s cheese and mint tart in a cheesy pastry crust
A tasty tart recipe (is there any other kind?) bursting with cheesy aromas and summer...