Quick griddled beef steaks with beetroot salad
- October 2009
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
For a wheat-free supper recipe, simply top the steaks with the salad. Alternatively, you can thinly slice the steaks, then stuff into toasted pittas along with the beetroot salad.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 2 rump steaks
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp Pollen organics Sweet and Sour tamari dressing (or make your own using olive oil, cider vinegar, honey and tamari soy sauce)
- ¼ red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 250g cooked and peeled baby beetroot, halved and sliced
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat until very hot. Brush the steaks with a little olive oil and season on both sides. Griddle for 2-3 minutes each side for medium-rare, or longer if you prefer. Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a medium heat, add the cumin seeds and toast for a couple of minutes before pouring in the tamari dressing, then bring to a simmer to heat through.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, carrots and beetroot, pour over the warm pan dressing and toss well, seasoning to taste. Serve the steaks topped with a spoonful of the warm salad.
Rate & review