Quick peppered duck and blackcurrant sauce
- March 2009
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 tbsp Szechuan peppercorns
- 3 tbsp port
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp Bonne Maman Blackcurrant Conserve
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- Lightly score the skin of the duck breasts. Press the peppercorns into the skin and season with salt.
- Pan-fry skin-side down over a high heat for 6 minutes, until crisp, then turn over and fry for 4 minutes more. Remove and set aside to rest. Pour the fat out of the pan.
- Add port, red wine vinegar and Blackcurrant Conserve to the pan. Bubble for 2 minutes until thickened, then season to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pan of salted water to the boil and cook the broccoli for 3 minutes, until tender, then drain and set aside.
- Slice the duck breast on the diagonal, spoon over the blackcurrant sauce and serve with the broccoli and some mash, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter