Quick prawn, courgette and squash pasta
- April 2010
- 265g pack Julienne Vegetables with Herb Butter (from Waitrose), or cut 1 courgette and ¼ butternut squash into thin strips
- 3 tbsp ready-diced shallots, or 3 shallots, diced
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and diced
- 150g raw, peeled king prawns
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 200g penne
- 1 tbsp chilli oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and the lemon herb butter from the pack of vegetables (or a knob of butter), in a large frying pan. Add the shallot and soften for 5 minutes over a low heat. Increase the heat, add the chilli, courgette and squash and fry for 3 minutes, then add the prawns, lemon zest and juice, and stir-fry for a further 3 minutes until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne in a large pan of salted, boiling water for 8 minutes (or according to pack instructions until al dente) and drain well. Pour the prawns and vegetables over the pasta and add the chilli oil and coriander, stirring well to coat the pasta.
- Spoon between bowls and top with grated Parmesan and extra chilli oil, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Oven-roasted spiced squash and cauliflower risotto
Our spiced butternut squash and cauliflower risotto is low in saturated fat making it a...