Quick spiced lamb with apricots
- October 2005
- Serves 2
- Ready in 25 minutes
Who says a Moroccan lamb dish needs hours simmering on the hob? This easy spiced lamb with apricots and almonds is on the table in only 25 minutes.
- 250g lamb neck fillets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 150ml hot chicken stock
- 75g dried ready-to-eat apricots
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- Cut lamb into chunks and put into a bowl. Add onion, ground allspice and vegetable oil. Season and mix together.
- Heat a large frying pan. When hot, add the lamb mixture and cook for 5 minutes to brown the meat and soften the onion. Stir in chopped tomatoes, hot chicken stock and dried apricots. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, until the lamb is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Season to taste, divide between 2 plates and scatter each with some toasted flaked almonds.
Serve with steamed couscous and a lemon wedge, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Salli jardaloo boti (lamb with apricots and fried potato straws)
A fabulous salli jardallo boti, or lamb curry recipe, with added apricot for sweetness.