Quick squash and goat’s cheese baked frittata
- October 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 5 mins, plus 20-25 mins cooking time
A simple vegetarian recipe with delicious melting goat’s cheese that you can have on the table in less than half an hour.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 350g bag ready-diced butternut squash and sweet potato
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced
- 120g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 50ml milk
- Small handful fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 and put a baking sheet inside to heat up.
- Blanch the squash in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes, then drain.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan over a low heat, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Grease and line a small roasting tin (about 16cm x 26cm) with baking paper, then tumble the squash, onion, chilli and goat’s cheese into the tin.
- In a jug, lightly whisk the eggs with the milk, season well and pour over the vegetables and cheese in the tin. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley leaves.
- Place on the hot baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until set and golden brown. Remove the frittata from the tin and cut into wedges to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Feta, onion and red pepper frittatas
These feta, onion and red pepper frittatas are so quick and easy to make. Eat...
Sweet potato recipes
Quick spring green, sweet potato and chilli frittata
Frittata, made with spring greens, creamy goat’s cheese, sweet potato and a kick of chilli...