Quick squash and goat’s cheese baked frittata
- October 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 5 mins, plus 20-25 mins cooking time
A simple vegetarian recipe with delicious melting goat’s cheese that you can have on the table in less than half an hour.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 350g bag ready-diced butternut squash and sweet potato
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced
- 120g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 50ml milk
- Small handful fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 and put a baking sheet inside to heat up.
- Blanch the squash in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes, then drain.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan over a low heat, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Grease and line a small roasting tin (about 16cm x 26cm) with baking paper, then tumble the squash, onion, chilli and goat’s cheese into the tin.
- In a jug, lightly whisk the eggs with the milk, season well and pour over the vegetables and cheese in the tin. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley leaves.
- Place on the hot baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until set and golden brown. Remove the frittata from the tin and cut into wedges to serve.
Rate & review