Goat’s log and sweet potato frittata with crispy pancetta
- September 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 minutes
A quick scrumptious frittata made with sweet potato, creamy cheese and red onion.
- 2 medium (about 400g) sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 200g pancetta cubes or bacon lardons
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1-2 mini French goat’s cheese logs such as Soignon Petit Sainte Maure (from Waitrose) sliced into 6
- Put the sweet potato and a pinch of salt into a pan of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil and the butter in a large non-stick ovenproof frying pan over a low heat. Add the onions and gently fry for
- 10-15 minutes, until caramelised. Remove the onions from the pan. Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Add the pancetta to the frying pan, increase the heat to high and fry for 5 minutes. Add the remaining oil and sweet potato and fry until crispy and golden. (If you’re making 2 smaller frittatas, divide between 2 small ovenproof frying pans now.)
- Add the eggs and gently tilt the pan/s in a circular motion allowing the egg to cover the base/s. Turn the heat down and cook for 2-3 minutes. Scatter the onions and cheese on top and grill for 5-10 minutes, until the egg is cooked and the cheese melted.
Rate & review