Quick tarragon chicken with crispy potatoes
- October 2009
- 300g new potatoes, halved if large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 free-range skinless chicken breasts, thickly sliced into 3 pieces
- 280g pot tarragon-and- mustard sauce or your favourite cream-and-herb cooking sauce
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 175g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Small handful fresh tarragon, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes until tender. Drain well, then lightly crush with a fork. Tip into a roasting tin, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, season and roast for 20 minutes until crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, season the chicken and fry over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes until browned all over. Turn the heat down to medium-low, pour over the tarragon-and-mustard sauce and stir in the wholegrain mustard. Add the cherry tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the tomatoes are warmed through.
- Remove the crispy potatoes from the oven, add to the pan, and sprinkle over the fresh tarragon to serve.
Rate & review