Orange and tarragon chicken traybake
- April 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 30 min
We’ve transformed chicken breasts with a pack of cream cheese, some chopped tarragon and a few slices of parma ham, in the form of an easy chicken tray bake recipe.
- 13.7g (7.6g saturated)
- 12.9g (11.8g sugars)
- 180g pack of full-fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Zest of ½ orange
- 4 free-range chicken breasts
- 4 slices of parma ham
- 300g baby carrots
- 200g baby leeks
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- A little olive oil
- New potatoes, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5. Mix the cream cheese in a bowl with the chopped fresh tarragon, the orange zest and a pinch of salt. Slice the chicken breasts lengthways horizontally (don’t go all the way through), then open out like a book.
- Divide the cream cheese mix among the breasts, then fold over to seal. Take 4 slices of parma ham and wrap one around each stuffed breast.
- Toss the baby carrots and baby leeks with the orange juice, sherry vinegar, honey, wholegrain mustard and seasoning in a roasting tray. Put the chicken on top, brush with a little olive oil and roast for 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with new potatoes, if you like.
Rate & review