Radish and tomato salad
- June 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
Olia Hercules’ simple summer salad recipe is great served as a side dish with lots of bread – for mopping up the soured cream dressing.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1.3g (0.6g saturated)
- 7.1g (6.4g sugars)
- 4 small cucumbers or 1 large cucumber
- 2 beef tomatoes
- ½ bunch radishes, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion
- ½ bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 100ml smetana (see Know-how) or 100ml full-fat natural yogurt, diluted with ½ tbsp water
- Slice the cucumbers or cucumber and chop the tomatoes over the bowl you’ll serve the salad in. You want to catch the tomato juices because they’ll end up making the dressing special.
- Mix all the vegetables and dill together in the bowl. Season the smetana or diluted yogurt well with salt and pepper, then stir through the salad. By the time you finish the salad there will be a wonderful pool of smetana or yogurt, stained with tomato juices and chopped dill, in the bottom of the bowl just asking to be mopped up with crusty bread.
A recipe from Mamushka by Olia Hercules (£25; Mitchell Beazley )
Smetana is a type of soured cream used in Eastern and Central European cooking. You can find it in some delis – or, as an alternative, use slightly diluted full-fat yogurt.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roasted radish, chicken and pickled vegetable salad
There are so many good things going on in this salad recipe – vibrant radish,...