Roast peach and honey puff tart
- November 2011
- Serves 4-6
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
Roast honey peaches lay on a bed of buttery pastry in this roast peach and honey tart recipe – a quick dinner party dessert.
- 14.9g (7.2g saturated)
- 26.6g (10.3g sugars)
For 6 servings
- 375g ready-rolled puff pastry
- Flour for dusting
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- 15g unsalted butter
- 390g jar Opies Halved Peaches with Cinnamon (from Waitrose)
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- Mascarpone to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Lay the pastry on a lightly floured baking sheet and trim to make a square (discard the trimmings). Pierce all over with a fork, brush over the beaten egg and put in the oven. After 10 minutes, cover the pastry with another baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes more until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, drain the peaches, reserving the syrup, and slice each into wedges. Heat a small non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, then add the butter, 4 tbsp of the syrup, the honey and the peaches. Bubble gently for 5 minutes until sticky and sweet.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and take off the top baking sheet. Arrange the peaches over the top and pour over the sweet syrup. Slice into 4 or 6 generous pieces and serve with a dollop of mascarpone.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Grilled peach panzanella, toasted almonds and burrata
Sweet peaches, toasted almonds and creamy burrata go into this gorgeous panzanella salad recipe. Easy-to-make...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...