Roasted carrots with apple balsamic vinegar
- December 2013
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 30 minutes to cook
Balsamic vinegar and muscovado sugar are the magic ingredients in this roasted carrots recipe. If you can’t find apple balsamic vinegar, then normal balsamic vinegar will work too.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 7g (4.1g saturated)
- 15.4g (14.7g sugars)
- 350g long, slender carrots, scraped clean or peeled
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp apple balsamic vinegar (see tip)
- 1½ tsp light muscovado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Leave the carrots whole unless they’re more than 2.5cm wide at the thick end, in which case halve lengthways. Cook in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain well, then arrange side-by-side in a small, foil-lined roasting tin. Brush them with the melted butter, sprinkle with the vinegar and sugar, season well with salt and pepper, then roast them for 25 minutes until tender and caramelised at the edges.
Find apple balsamic (such as Aspall) online or in large supermarkets. If you can’t get hold of it, use ordinary balsamic vinegar.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Balsamic and brown sugar roast carrots and parsnips
If you’re looking for something a little different to serve with your roast dinner, try...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...